ReefCleaners.org

Cyano or Bryopsis???

docshipwreck

docshipwreck

Hey everyone!! Just figured I'd reach out here. Not sure what this is but can only describe some of it as green and same darker in color and furry. Ive researched, and searched, and compared pics. I had a ton on a snail and took him out during a waterchange and scrubbed with a metal bristle brush. I've been dosing h202 for the last few days 3ml's x 2 daily.

I have a 20L with oceanbox insert. After rock and sand I sit right around 16 actual gallons. I have a clown, neon dottyback and a cleaner shrimp. 2 snails, 2 hermits.

Currently running Purigen and and on Thursday added a packet of PhosGUARD. I cant test for silicates, but latest. phosphates judging by API color was .25

Water changes are between 3 and 5 gallons every 7-10 days. Obviously filter pads and floss are more frequently. 

Ive changed out my DI filter, wasn't completely exhausted but trying to cover bases. 

Also have reduced feedings to every 2/3 days...lately have been averaging enough micropellets to completely be eaten usually closer to 3 days.

AS ALWAYS on here many different ways to skin a cat, I respect and appreciate that and welcome anyone who has a few moments to respond.

IMG_4538-27-04-17-15-13.JPG

IMG_4541-27-04-17-15-13.JPG

IMG_4537-27-04-17-15-13.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Gha.

Phos at 0.25 would be the issue. Are you using api tester or salifert? The api is no good for sw. Its high range. You need a test kit that can read down to 0, especially when using phosguard.

I'd do weekly waterchanges its better with smaller tanks.

I have a 15g and do 2g a week. 

When using phosguard, use small amounts and test every 4 days to ensure its still working and not stripping the tank. 

I'd also up the cuc. 2 snails is not enough.

Nassarius for sandbed

Ceriths

And trochus or turbos

Archived