SaltCritters.com

HOB Fuge?

Nidilsky

Prolly a dead horse, but I was considering doing a hob sump on my 20 gal. I mostly want it as a QT/skimmer. But a fuge might be fun. Any suggestions?

Thoughts?

I bought this hob breeder box from amazon for $13 and turned it into a fuge. Its working suprisingly well for me as the main filtration. Nitrate and phosphate are always around 0-5 ppm.

IMG_20170420_215039.jpg

IMG_20170420_195118.jpg

I have an AC 70...someone suggested I turn that in to a mini fuge. I was looking at a cpr aquafuge. A little pricey...but it includes a skimmer.

Nope, only chaeto is in the fuge, there are tons of pods though. I used a plastic mesh that comes with the breeder box to keep the chaeto from getting into the tank

Cool. My thought is getting away from the 3 stage filter thing that i have to replace every 2 or 3 weeks. All I have are clowns and a blenny, do I really need to have pods?

I have used the same breeder box that was posted above and grew caulerpa. Worked out well for when I used it. The fuge doubled as an anemone segregation tank for a few months also.

I would really like to put more macro algae in my display, but I am having trouble finding colorful options. I recently put in some maidens hair, which at this point is pretty messy. Any suggestions as to where to buy macros?

Archived