Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Scape in cube tank

Lisa166

So I have a nanocube (about 13g) , and making a scape has been difficult. It needs to feel 'right', and I still have not found a scape doing that. 

There is loads of life on my LR and I am trying to keep alive as much as possible, which also narrows me down in moving the rocks around/change them from horizontal to vertical. 

I have three rocks, and am thinking of breaking one in a few pieces. 

How it is now:

IMG-20170419-WA0049

Rock 1: atm on the topleft corner

IMG_20170412_123935

Rock 2: bottom left

IMG_20170412_123948

Rock 1, above and rock 2,'below 

IMG_20170419_143141

Rock 3 , right

IMG_20170403_180948

SaltyBuddha

I really like your 3rd rock. I would utilize it so you can see the arch and the tunnel/cave. I think what your scape is missing right now is some depth. Try pushing it out at an angle instead of 90 degrees. That will add a lot of depth to your scape.

I like the number 1 and 2 placement together as well. It gives you a cool little shelf to play with.

It's so hard because you want to change it all the time. Mess with it and leave it for a day or so. If you so still want to change it, then it's not right. Eventually you will find something you like and what ever anyone else says is irrelevant. So much life on those rocks! Looking forward to what you come up with

• Like 1
16 hours ago, SaltyBuddha said:

I really like your 3rd rock. I would utilize it so you can see the arch and the tunnel/cave. I think what your scape is missing right now is some depth. Try pushing it out at an angle instead of 90 degrees. That will add a lot of depth to your scape.

I like the number 1 and 2 placement together as well. It gives you a cool little shelf to play with.

It's so hard because you want to change it all the time. Mess with it and leave it for a day or so. If you so still want to change it, then it's not right. Eventually you will find something you like and what ever anyone else says is irrelevant. So much life on those rocks! Looking forward to what you come up with

2017-04-20_06-46-39

Front:

2017-04-20_06-45-52

Left:

2017-04-20_06-46-16

• Like 1

Just my 2 cents... I like to create a bridge effect and make a cave for future fish to hang out and hide in. It is nice to have different levels to mount corals for there light requirements.

Nice live rock you have there.

• Like 1

It's hard to scape a cube! I bought about 15lbs for my 12 gallon nano and ended up using less pieces than what I purchased. Anyway, this is what I came up. I didn't want to cram the rest of the pieces in there.

20170418_202532.jpg

20170418_202539.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...