Coral Vue Hydros

Tailspot Blenny Problem!

Droy008

So I noticed a small what looked like a scratch on my TSB's mouth yesterday.

Well, I came to work today and it looks much worse.

I'v done the old Google search and have come up with very little on the subject.

Just wondering if any others have run across this issue?

20170418_092016.jpg

They tend to get those white spots when they are stressed but it is purely a skin pigment change and most likely not a scratch of any kind. 

See this image below. My blenny would do the same thing off and on. How long have you had it for? If it's a new addition it may just be adjusting

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 5.26.33 PM.png

Edit: I just scrolled through your tank thread a bit. It looks like you have a number of fish in there so I would watch out for bullying. Gobies will attack other gobies/blennys in their territory 

On 4/18/2017 at 8:30 AM, Justind823 said:

They tend to get those white spots when they are stressed but it is purely a skin pigment change and most likely not a scratch of any kind. 

See this image below. My blenny would do the same thing off and on. How long have you had it for? If it's a new addition it may just be adjusting

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 5.26.33 PM.png

Edit: I just scrolled through your tank thread a bit. It looks like you have a number of fish in there so I would watch out for bullying. Gobies will attack other gobies/blennys in their territory 

Thank you for that.

Interestingly enough, the white spot has now disappeared.

He has been his usual self, the only change as of late, is he now resides in a spot with the acans, as opposed to in a little nook in the rocks.

I wonder if it may have been stress.

Not much has changed for the last couple months, so I hope the gobies haven't decided to start bullying. :(

Archived