Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

filtration question

grinder143

Hey all i am going to be starting a new tank. probably a 40 breeder. I have a sump so this is the plan for now. I am looking to add components to the filtration. My question if you were starting a tank from scratch would you ... Biopellet and Cheto reactor with skimmer. Or straight Berlin, or perhaps just a Fuge. I have a cad light recirculating pellet reactor and a next reef reactor that can be converted to the Cheato reactor as well as a reef octopus classic 150 space savor skimmer as well as couple other media reactors. Another option is a algae scrubber. I am just in the thinking stage at this point so you never know i may cover it to a AIO peninsula tank . Just thinking out loud and looking for options. 

CronicReefer

A good protein skimmer is a must but this NO3 bio brick is the best filtration product I've used so far. I can feed as much as I want of rich meaty foods because the brick is rated for tanks up to 1000 gallons and this, in my opinion makes, for healthier fish. I also recommend dosing a source of carbon to maintain the bacteria population, I've noticed much better success in my own tank since I began dosing carbon on daily basis. Algae scrubbers seem to work really well at keeping algae localized and preventing it from growing in any large amount in the display.

Archived