Innovative Marine Aquariums

Help me with the name of an led brand

duderubble

Hey light gurus, help me out here. I was at my not so local lfs and they had a light that was 18 inches, had extensive controls (storms, yada yada) and came with a powerhead/wave maker that it also controlled. They had a variety of sizes. The dude said it was a nice "entry level light" I can't remember the name to check out reviews. Cost was like $225 Sound familiar? 

Just now, duderubble said:

No that's cheaper and doesn't come with a powerhead. 

There is a new one..... orbit loop I think it's called. Comes with the powerhead. 

Yeah that looks like it. The lfs has it overpriced. Seems too good to be true. Has anyone around here tried it?

28 minutes ago, duderubble said:

Yeah that looks like it. The lfs has it overpriced. Seems too good to be true. Has anyone around here tried it?

I haven't tried it..... I use the orbit pro and they send me emails all the time.  I was amazed I even remember what it was called!

5 minutes ago, duderubble said:

How is the orbit pro?

I love it..... of course my tank is shallow, so I have grown pretty much whatever with it so far.  

The special modes like the storm are cool but I never use them really.  My tank is on a book shelf so I needed something slim.  

Many use the orbit and like it. 

Theres nothing wrong with these fixtures or the lighting itself rather it won't work for deep tanks.

MainelyReefer

Man it's disappointing me people aren't steering other reefers away from these lights, I had Xenia under the older version of these lights and they began to wither up, put them under kessil or AI prime and within a week they fluff up and pulse crazily again, this was in a IM 10 gallon and the lights were similar distance to the water line, while my experience is with older equipment from that company I don't find myself wanting to risk that these new ones will be any better, there is a reason they are cheap and people say to use them in shallow tanks

CronicReefer
1 hour ago, GraniteReefer said:

Man it's disappointing me people aren't steering other reefers away from these lights, I had Xenia under the older version of these lights and they began to wither up, put them under kessil or AI prime and within a week they fluff up and pulse crazily again, this was in a IM 10 gallon and the lights were similar distance to the water line, while my experience is with older equipment from that company I don't find myself wanting to risk that these new ones will be any better, there is a reason they are cheap and people say to use them in shallow tanks

They are cheap because they use low wattage LEDs and put out less lumens/PAR and therefore require a shallow tank to maintain the proper light levels. The lights work great if you use them on a shallow tank like they are designed. If you use them on a deeper tank then expect your corals at the bottom to suffer.

Archived