Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Orange Zoanthids

Upright Joe

I had my LFS put a rock on hold for me. It has about 30-50 bright orange Zoanthid polyps on it. They want $60. Is this reasonable? It's the first brightly colored zoa's I've seen around town on a rock that would fit in my nano.

Some people say they got multi colored zoos for $10-30. Im still going to all the pet shops around my town trying to find sales and great deals. My pet shops also want $33.00 for green zoos and sand polyps and $60.00 and up for multi color zoos.

Do you remember how big they said the pieces were that they were getting for $10-30? I was thinking that this rock was big enough that I could break it up and take pieces to a frag swap to trade for other colors of zoanthids. (Providing of course that bright orange is a desirable color).

AReeferIsExpensive

i pay 7 for 1-2 polyp, 15 for loose polyps ( a little group that just fell off and are floating around), 28 for small rocks and 38 for larger ones. But i thermos trade, so that makes up for it. Theres certain zoos that go for 70 for a couple polyps and PPEs go for more....

50 NICE bright orange polyps for 60 isnt that bad~

speed_freak03

I think $60 for 30-50 bright orange zoos is a bit much around my aera. But if colored zoos are rare in your aera, thats not too bad.

I dont pay very much for corals. I work at a LFS and can get stuff at cost, so for me to buy something at another shop it has to be bright and cheap. (which I have seem to stumbled open lately :P.)

if you like it and you want it and you can afford it, then you should get it. IMHO. In this hobby its about personal enjoyment and what turns you on. There's a guy who keeps bidding hundreds of $$$ and winning for PPE on ebay. Sometimes he has to pay $800 for it, sometimes he wins exactly the same thing for $150. What makes it worth it or reasonable is he likes them and he wants em and price doesnt and shouldnt matter.

Archived