inTank Media Baskets

Nano-reef-start-Europe

Dr. Saltwater

Dr. Saltwater

Hey all,

I got a 54Liter / 14,27Gallon tank witch I'm starting up new here. I'm not sure what kind of skimmer I'm going to use but I suppose you guys will help me find a reasonable one ;).

The tank has a build-in filter that's in the tank's backside. Beside this I want to build a refugium, but later on. Do you think that's a problem? I want to build it when I have polluting inhabitants like small fish or shrimp so my Macro-algae directly start with cleaning my tank.

But that later, does anyone know where I can buy lamps, skimmers and other stuff and let it ship to my country? Many online shops don't do that, but your stuff is cheaper and you have more things.

Enough for the questions, hope you like my canopy I'm building myself:

Stand: doors will come in the future. Drilled a whole for the cabels.

DSC000021.jpg

Tank with 1 and 2 TL (T8) lights ... didn't like it:

DSC00005.jpg

DSC000041.jpg

Canopy/hood:

DSC000081.jpg

DSC000071.jpg

This is what I've done today, more pictures later. Probably of getting the screws away and painting it. Then of putting the lights in ... anyone also nice suggestions for the lightning?

ELGORDOINAVW

dude that stand looks like it is not going to hold the weight of the tank. I would use some "L" brackets or 1x1 wood to frame that stand. A good rule of thumb is a tank weighs 10 pounds to 1 gallon so your tank should weigh 140-150 pounds. stand on it and see if it holds your weight. Also your hood if possible use thinner wood so that the canopy doesn't bulge out as much. Good luck with the project and keep us updated-

Also your hood if possible use thinner wood so that the canopy doesn't bulge out as much.
I've found that thicker wood can look ok, but it has to "bulge" the same amount on the stand as it does on the canopy.

I agree with ELGORD that stand is not going to support the weight of the tank. I would go with a completely different stand all together. YOu can make one that would hold a car out of 2x4's and wouldnt cost you but $10. But if your attached to that stand I would go with the above suggestion of "L" brackets.

Archived