SaltCritters.com

Crazy glueing gsp/coraline algae sheets

reef-luva

Hello, question: Has anyone here ever crazy/super glued (gel of course) sheets of coraline algae with green star polyps to the back wall of their tank before? These new additions are getting walked all over by my c.u.c. and my G.E.C. keeps munching the coraline, even though he is well fed, bastard!hehehhe..... I bought one large sheet that was on the back wall of a tank at the LFS, tore it into three pieces, about 3 x 3inch each.

Thanx

I have never seen or heard of coralline algae sheets, sounds cool. What color are they? Can't comment on supergluing those. 

Pretty sure GSP can be superglued though. 

26 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I have never seen or heard of coralline algae sheets, sounds cool. What color are they? Can't comment on supergluing those. 

Pretty sure GSP can be superglued though. 

Here are the three pieces, filled with GSP, which most are not out do to my over active c.u.c., mostly the blue legged hermit crabs, then my emerald eats the coraline, so I want to glue these on the back, so they can grow and spread, hard to do when they are in all the time. The second pic will show the 'thiness' of the 'sheets' of coraline. I just got some glue, gonna do it with no looking back...hahaha....

20170410_125953.jpg

20170410_125914.jpg

The GSP are amazing when they aren't getting messed with, all they ask is for a chance to live like any of us.... :-(

5 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I just see the GSP, but it should be fine glued on the back. :)

Ya, your right, the 'rubbery mat' they form while growing is only visible, didn't wanna pick them up for pics. The back of the tank I bought them from had thick coraline on the entire back before the GSP spread, and as the owner of the LFS, (MVP in Kalamazoo, Mi.) removed the sheet of GSP for me, a good amount of coraline came off, gonna help me seed this tank.

On a side note, I had never added copepods before, this tank is over run with Tisbe's from Algagen, the substrate, all the walls and the water column...no one is going hungry that's for sure.

graftobny142
On 4/10/2017 at 9:50 AM, reef-luva said:

Hello, question: Has anyone here ever crazy/super glued (gel of course) sheets of coraline algae with green star polyps to the back wall of their tank before? These new additions are getting walked all over by my c.u.c. and my G.E.C. keeps munching the coraline, even though he is well fed, bastard!hehehhe..... I bought one large sheet that was on the back wall of a tank at the LFS, tore it into three pieces, about 3 x 3inch each.

Thanx

Check my thread, I just glued 5 frags of GSP and their mat onto my back wall.

IMG_8786.PNG

Simulated Fish

If you have Coraline pieces your best bet is to crush it up into tiny bits and dust with saltwater then dump it into your power head in the tank. That will spread all the spores and algae all over and a few months you will have Coraline patches all over!

And gsp can happily be glued to tank walls :)

22 hours ago, Hippieheadshot said:

If you have Coraline pieces your best bet is to crush it up into tiny bits and dust with saltwater then dump it into your power head in the tank. That will spread all the spores and algae all over and a few months you will have Coraline patches all over!

And gsp can happily be glued to tank walls :)

Ya good point, except the coraline was stuck to the back of the GSP mat, or vice versa, so it is what it is...and the GSP is already starting to grow, it loves not being walked on and eaten, who would'a known...hahaha

Archived