Cultivated Reef

Intank vs Custom caddy

dragonxflare

dragonxflare

Hello Reefers,

I have a Innovatie Marine 30 L, and thinking about replacing the filter socks that it came with. Currently I am looking at the Intank media basket and the Innovative Marine Custom Caddy. These two units are very simliar, but it seems that Intank is a little more expensive. Any specific why? Which should I pick? 

I plan on using 1 basket with floss media, chemi pure, etc etc... and the 2nd basket will have Chaeto in the first 2 chambers, and filter floss on the last chamber to catch the free floating chaeto so it does not get into my pump / tank.

Which Basket should I purchase?

MainelyReefer

For the refugium basket I would go with intank because every side of the basket is clear acrylic whereas the custom caddy has black sides giving you more options on how to illuminate.  I personally use the Intank filter floss holder for my fusion 40's refugium to get more space as I just shoved some live rock rubble at the bottom of the chamber to keep chaeto from flowing into the next chamber,  it also made it easier to use the magnafuge light which is also great at growing macros.  I do have two custom caddys as well, one for my pico 4 and one for my fusion 10 and while they get the job done and are well made perhaps the intank is a grade above in layout and quality as I have adjusted minor things to the custom caddys and not altered the intank in anyway.

InTank, the Custom caddys are garbage IMO, the intank ones are a better fit and the way they are designed they fit snug under the intake and won't move unlike the custom caddys

Archived