ReefCleaners.org

Clove coral bleaching??

Minmay

Hi everyone...Newbie here. I got clove coral a couple days ago and im not sure if its bleaching? When I first got it I had it on my sandbed acclimating to the light. It look "ok" but could've looked better. I just figured it was stressed out. Did some research and someone on a different forum said that it wasnt getting enough light. So, lastnight I moved it higher on a rock. Now it looks better to me as far as more polyps are out and looks fuller but now some dont have dots in the middle. Is it bleaching? Dying? Please help and thank you.

IMG_2017-04-08_05-35-47.JPG

Simulated Fish

You just got it? Bleaching normally is a gradual process. How did it look at the LFS, how long did they have it, and can you return the frag?

Tank prams?

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 1:37 PM, Hippieheadshot said:

You just got it? Bleaching normally is a gradual process. How did it look at the LFS, how long did they have it, and can you return the frag?

Tank prams?

Hi there, it looked better to me at LFS but I think its cuz they have better lighting than my stock lighting. It been a lil over a week and it actually seems pretty happy. I think I was just being over paranoid lol. My parameters are ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 0, temp 78. Salinity 1.025

Simulated Fish
Just now, Minmay said:

Hi there, it looked better to me at LFS but I think its cuz they have better lighting than my stock lighting. It been a lil over a week and it actually seems pretty happy. I think I was just being over paranoid lol. My parameters are ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 0, temp 78. Salinity 1.025

Excitement of seeing a coral you like can do that! Glad to hear it hasp perked up. Keep an eye out if it starts to melt or stays closed up.

1 minute ago, Hippieheadshot said:

Excitement of seeing a coral you like can do that! Glad to hear it hasp perked up. Keep an eye out if it starts to melt or stays closed up.

Yes, im a newbie so everything I was doing I was being paranoid about. Everything in the tank seems to being thriving tho. I even scored on 3 superman mushrooms and 3 candy cane combo for $30 but it was cuz the camdy canes werent doing well. I've been babying them for 9 days now and it looks like its starting to come back from death lol...im soo happy

Archived