Top Shelf Aquatics

Do you put sand or rock first?

Randy_BRS

Hey guys!

So, what comes first? The rock or the sand?  

Today we explore that question a bit deeper, with Ryan, on today's 52FAQ episode. Check it out and let us know how you protect your glass! 

Rock, rock, rock, always rock :lol:. It's amazing how many people still put sand first. Thanks for making this video explaining why. 

Here we go its the chicken or the egg :lol: 

Hell I always just put something under the rock and then add some sand.........I don't think any of my tanks ever have rock touching the glass. That kind of scares me for some reason.......

On 4/6/2017 at 7:59 PM, spectra said:

Here we go its the chicken or the egg :lol: 

Hell I always just put something under the rock and then add some sand.........I don't think any of my tanks ever have rock touching the glass. That kind of scares me for some reason.......

Not even the back glass? Must make it hard to do rock stacks but I understand the concern :lol:.

6 hours ago, TFish77 said:

Not even the back glass? Must make it hard to do rock stacks but I understand the concern :lol:.

I actually have the rock away from the back glass for flow ;) and also all my rock is pukani. BRS was great and sent some sweet pieces that I was able to cut nice flat spots on......it all sits nice and flat.

Archived