Cultivated Reef

Is this to long a period for lighting--AI PRIME HD

Nehsmit

I have a 24g tank and was wondering if this LED lighting period was too long. I've reduced the intensity but increased daylight hours. 

TIA

IMG_1589.JPG

I don't know exactly what that gragh is telling me but 12 hours of light is quite a bit.  It may contribute to algae problems.  

Wow, you spent some time setting that up, honestly you do have a long time setting and as was said before, it can lead to algae issues if you don't have perfect water. Also what's up with the crazy up and down light settings, it seems like your trying to mimic clouds, but you might be stressing out your corals. My AI and most others have a pretty smooth graph with gradual increase and decrease in light intensity. Your white setting is also really low compared to your blues and violets, are you shooting for 20k?

I actually had a very flat graph with Ramps on either side but someone on FB posted this on the AI prime site. Others said corals loved this shade of blue with tremendous growth. So I figured I'd give it a shot. Made some minor changes with it but was definitely concerned about the time period. 

Archived