inTank Media Baskets

NanoBox Acrylic Mounting Legs

DaveFason

Hey guys,

I have been working on a new mounting system for the NanoBox line. The popularity of peninsula tanks has pushed me to get these finalize quickly. This is the first prototype and I will be adjusting a few items. 

• Notch for wire on side
  • Multiple sizes for Mini, Duo and Quad
  • No screws - Bonded like a acrylic tank

The overall look is stunning with the NBR line. Let me know your thoughts! 

flareterrprotoflareterrprotoside

These are awesome!  Any ETA on when these will be ready? I'm setting up a Ultum 60u and may want to go this route instead of a retro hybrid.

I think you may have hit another home run with this idea. I'm a pretty basic type reefer and like to use a rimless, rectangular tank with HOB filters, etc.  This idea will allow those like me to put the HOB filter anywhere I want without having to worry about working around the gooseneck mount on the back.

Hurry up. I want to order one. Hahah.

HarryPotter

This looks terrifying if the legs are just carefully balanced on the glass!! Needs some sort of clamp/connection so it doesnt take a swim when touched. 

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:14 PM, Christopher Marks said:

Super minimal, it nearly disappears! Will you be doing anything with the legs to prevent it from being bumped into the tank?

I have a feeling that David has this covered and we will hear about it soon.

HarryPotter
51 minutes ago, aviator300 said:

I have a feeling that David has this covered and we will hear about it soon.

Its DAVEEEEEEEEE :D

On 3/24/2017 at 4:55 PM, Rehype said:

Wow looks great Dave! ?

Thanks Eugene. Hoping this can help people out with weird dimensions. 

On 3/24/2017 at 5:03 PM, smiz said:

Absolutely LOVE this can't wait!

Thanks. Sending info to you today. 

On 3/24/2017 at 5:08 PM, brad908 said:

nice, looks good.

Thanks Brad. Maybe one for the planted. ;) 

On 3/24/2017 at 6:14 PM, Christopher Marks said:

Super minimal, it nearly disappears! Will you be doing anything with the legs to prevent it from being bumped into the tank?

The leg part with have a section that will be routed out ( groove ) that will hold them in. 

On 3/24/2017 at 7:48 PM, mattskims said:

These are awesome!  Any ETA on when these will be ready? I'm setting up a Ultum 60u and may want to go this route instead of a retro hybrid.

Looking like a solid month. Currently I will have to build these myself. 

On 3/24/2017 at 8:59 PM, aviator300 said:

I think you may have hit another home run with this idea. I'm a pretty basic type reefer and like to use a rimless, rectangular tank with HOB filters, etc.  This idea will allow those like me to put the HOB filter anywhere I want without having to worry about working around the gooseneck mount on the back.

Hurry up. I want to order one. Hahah.

yep! The funny thing is planted/FW have had something like this for a while.

On 3/24/2017 at 9:20 PM, HarryPotter said:

This looks terrifying if the legs are just carefully balanced on the glass!! Needs some sort of clamp/connection so it doesnt take a swim when touched. 

The leg part with have a section that will be routed out ( groove ) that will hold them in. 

On 3/25/2017 at 2:06 PM, reefist said:

Looks cool! I'd want a silver or grey cord sleeve on there. 

Working on it. :D 

Archived