Pod Your Reef

my new 7gal

brianemone

hey all this is my new 7gal that ive set up after i broke down my 4 footer

in the pic you can see the wiskers of the cleaner shrimp but the bi color blennie is hiding, ive also added a small clown

any suggestions? (i am getting more rock this weekend)

tnak.jpg

thanks(you probably cant see it but there is a purple water melon under that same rock), for the moment ill leave it bare,

i havent actually finalised the end design, with the live rock im putting in this weekend i've got to rearange everything to maximaze the free space while still packing in as much rock as i can.

i need to vaccum the bottom,

ciao

and no at the moment i dont have live sand (or any substrate)

i am thinking of either covering the entire bottome with mushrooms and corals or maybe some marble chips

• 2 weeks later...

That's a nice anemone...what kind is it? So you're one of the lucky ones to have his perc take to the anemone...is it wild caught or tank raised?

Does the anemone move around a lot? I really want one too, but too scared it's gonna sting my corals...

And where oh where did you get those blue shrooms!? I've been looking everywhere for them!

the shrooms came from another reefer here in NZ (i beleive they are just the most common type)

the LFS doesnt know much about marines and they had no idea what it was, i guess we'll see in a while how it develops and what it looks like

they are pretty cool fish

and he gets along really well with my now she perc

they hand out now and again, she goes over to his hole to check up on him, then every so often he'll do a little shimmy by the anemone to say - hey im down with that

ahh

good times

Archived