inTank Media Baskets

desperately need help w/ an ID.....

joekr

Tank is coming up on 6 months and I have some blue pod like creatures that are attacking my polyps and zoos. Heck, I just saw one on my Xenia, but it did not appear to like it.

Everything is still holding on, but I fear the worst.....here is a picture:

polyp2.jpg

there are ALOT of these things on the polyps pictured and the polyps are all closed up and looking in bad shape. I was hoping that the pods were just eating dead tissue off the polyps going through a change. It does not appear to be the case.

There's no nitrate, salt and temp are 024 and 80 degrees. 96 watts of PC is the lighting.

any help would be greatly appreciated as to how to get rid of these things!!!!

From the pic I see absolutely no segmentation -- that would be apparent on a "pod". I have never seen this animal before... But it could be a small nudi.

this coral had been fragged and I did a fresh water dip on one of the frags as a test and they reappeared after the dip. (I'm assuming they are living in other pieces of rocks) I added more flow to the tank this morning and used a turkey baster to get the things off.

thanks for the info scd....

they move. I just suctioned one out of the tank and they are soft, not hard. Fairly easily squished under my finger....There are quite a few of them (at least 20 this morning on the main polyp colony)

AReeferIsExpensive

dont go squishin them around untill u have an id~ i heard about someone going to the hospital for squishing a tiny nudibranch on her glass! Ill look around as well......u should try some lugols solution or some sort of dip

Archived