Innovative Marine Aquariums

DIY Nano Reactor

Bubba30

I posted this in my build thread but no one looks there. Just got done assembling a nano reactor for my tank. 7.5" high holding 350 mL running 126gph. With the pump it will be about 10" high and I will run it in 12" of water in the sump. I liked the IM Sump Reactor just didn't need to drop all that cash. I have $50 into this including the pump. If I built like 3 they'd cost closer to $30. Pretty fun project. I will be running Phosguard and Matrix Carbon; maybe Purigen if

it all fits.

IMG_5705.JPG

IMG_5706.JPG

IMG_5707.JPG

Looks nice. Are you putting any other mesh like material over the grates? The slots look too big and all the media will fall through.

17 hours ago, Bubba30 said:

I posted this in my build thread but no one looks there. Just got done assembling a nano reactor for my tank. 7.5" high holding 350 mL running 126gph. With the pump it will be about 10" high and I will run it in 12" of water in the sump. I liked the IM Sump Reactor just didn't need to drop all that cash. I have $50 into this including the pump. If I built like 3 they'd cost closer to $30. Pretty fun project. I will be running Phosguard and Matrix Carbon; maybe Purigen if

it all fits.

IMG_5705.JPG

IMG_5706.JPG

IMG_5707.JPG

I think seachem does not recommend using phosguard in a reactor. When they tumble they knock dust off each other and get released into your water column.

Indeed it should not tumble; however the more flow the better. It will be packed tight!

2 hours ago, evilc66 said:

Looks nice. Are you putting any other mesh like material over the grates? The slots look too big and all the media will fall through.

Yes I have some fuval prefilter material; I may have to try something more coarse.

Archived