Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Deciding on IM 20g Peninsula or Not

smiz

Hey all,

I am really loving the new IM 20g Peninsula and am looking into getting one. I currently have a IM 10 running which (I think) has the same size AIO compartment. This would make all of my equipment swap over perfect, or so I thought. Here are a few things I'm trying to figure out and would love a little feedback:

Lighting - I currently Have a nanobox Duo Plus M with a goose neck. I have vaulted ceiling and dont think hanging is an option. Not really sure what to do here at all :(

Flow - I have two MP 10s. I would love to be able to have them on the back wall in this sized tank, but I'm thinking I have to have one on each side at very low flow. Not sure if this will cut it.

Heater - Just bought a brand new neotherm 50w and own a 100w. 100w does not fit in back chamber. Do you think 50W will be able to keep up? I dont.

Stand - I have an extreamly gorgeous stand I designed for my 30g shallow and this tank just fits on it. It measures 32x24. I would love to have a perfect matched stand for the size tank but hate to let this stand go and not put it back in use :(

Thought I had more issue, maybe someone else can think of something. Will add if I remember :) 

Thanks!

Oceanbox Designs
1 hour ago, smiz said:

Man that is actually a really great idea. I just updated original post with my stand situation. That tank would just go over.....hmmmm. 

Would putting a larger wood panel on top kill the look? it would only be about 2" extra on each side.

1 minute ago, Oceanbox Designs said:

Would putting a larger wood panel on top kill the look? it would only be about 2" extra on each side.

I think so

ECE0377F-FBBE-42BD-85BF-206AA3B27196_zps

I dont exactly remember but everything is formica if I recal. Other then the bamboo frame. Nicer then any stand I can buy and got to completely design it myself. Was entirely made from left overs from one of my uncles job (does kitchen cabinets) and cost me $100. Ill never have this nice of stand so i must treasure it LOL.

Nanofreak79

Sweet stand, would be great for a slumped tank. I looked at the 20g last night and it's great. I'm not positive but the ocean box insert and naked tank would be cheaper and just as nice...IMO. Otherwise I don't see a reason not to like it. Your light will cover and if you need a different mount I'm sure Dave could help you out. 

I want to add that I have a bunch of those heavy flat plastic heaters. I went with the "best heater" , not. To bulky and better options. The finnex digital or analog 50 watts are small, I'm using one in my OB AIO.

I agree the 20g and OB insert would certainly be better however it is just to big for this stand :(. And my main concern with the light is that it is a goose neck and I won't be able to hang it where it is going. With it being a goose neck it will be horizontal while the tank is vertical. I know visually this will bug me a bit but I'm also uncertain if I will have full coverage this way.

Ok guys, 

Need your help! I am about to pull the trigger but am still not certain of the equipment and the setup. I suck at explaining so I made everything on the computer. 

Light - not sure this is going to work.

Mp10 - Dont think this would give a great flow pattern???

stand - What do you guys think about the 6" on each side of tank?

20 pen full.JPG

20 pen iso.JPG

20g pen Top1.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived