Pod Your Reef

RCReef's Reincarnation

RCReef

3 minutes ago, RCReef said:

Done adding stuff for a while. Time to let everything grow and fill in.

JBJ28GLED10.JPG

Now THAT looks like a beautiful, healthy Reef!!

• Like 2
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:16 PM, Weetabix7 said:

Now THAT looks like a beautiful, healthy Reef!!

Thanks. I really can't believe how quick this one was to setup. This was taken a month after adding water. Now just have to do the waiting game and let things grow and fill in, and of course, sit back and watch my clowns.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well...Trouble in paradise. Yesterday when I got home from work, Nemo was missing the clear and black section of his tail fin. This morning, he and Nemette were sleeping in separate beds. Hope it works out and he heals up.

I added a Royal Gramma to the aquarium. I'm hoping the newfound aggression might subside with more than just the two fish, and was thinking that a Royal Gramma is tough enough to hold it's own against a small clownfish. Also, I love the purple and yellow coloration. I've always had good luck with them being very hard too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2017 at 3:32 PM, RCReef said:

I added a Royal Gramma to the aquarium. I'm hoping the newfound aggression might subside with more than just the two fish, and was thinking that a Royal Gramma is tough enough to hold it's own against a small clownfish. Also, I love the purple and yellow coloration. I've always had good luck with them being very hard too.

How are things with the new Gramma and with Nemo?

I noticed that the Hypnea seems to have grown really well for you in there. Any tips on that?

Also, I like the Real Reef Rock in here and I noticed that you got a couple pieces of the Shelf type and then some of the other type. 

How many pounds of each did you get, do you remember?

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:08 PM, Weetabix7 said:

How are things with the new Gramma and with Nemo?

I noticed that the Hypnea seems to have grown really well for you in there. Any tips on that?

Also, I like the Real Reef Rock in here and I noticed that you got a couple pieces of the Shelf type and then some of the other type. 

How many pounds of each did you get, do you remember?

Actually, the Hypnea started out like that and has been rapidly deteriorating. I'm about to pull what's left out of the tank. I wouldn't recommend it. All the other macros are rocking. Nemo is missing the clear, black, and part of the orange area of his tail, but seems to be doing well other than he's not a strong swimmer. Kind of ironic considering who he is named after. The royal gramma did great for a little bit, but I haven't been able to find him for 2 days. I fear the worst for him.

Hmmm, sorry to hear about the Gramma. :(

A friend of mine got some Macros in the order with mine & I housed them for a few days til his tank finished cycling. 

Hypnea was one of them. 

It got some film algae in it pretty quickly, although the snails were tackling that. 

Not sure how it is in his tank now, but there's a very small bit that attached itself to my tank well, we'll see if that grows out and gets happy. 

Glad Nemo seems to be managing fine!!

Unfortunately the Royal Gramma is gone. However, Nemo is doing surprisingly well. His tail is actually growing back and a little bit of the black portion is there now.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Well, it's been a while. Way less macros now and lots more mushrooms. Having a little cyano and bubble issue, but hopefully some manual removal, a couple big water changes and the clean up crew additions will take care of it. The emerald is hard at work. You can see him in the center working on some bubble covered in cyano. Both the clowns are still doing great. The female has gotten much larger, and the tail grew most of the way back on the male.

01D83A29-324B-4576-8C56-115F73BDA995_zps