ReefCleaners.org

Orbit marine + nuvo fusion 20?

russ722

I recently went through the same dilemma. After research, it seems like a lot of people buy these lights for the Nuvo 20 and end up upgrading shortly after. They are fine for very low light corals, but on the edge for LPS and not suitable for SPS over this tank. I bought an AI Prime instead. A little more but it beats spending money on the Current just to replace it a few months down the road. 

I had the 24-36in model over a 29 which is 18inches tall and grew softies fine and some LPS. My Frogspawn went from 1 head to over 25 in less than 2 years and my Duncan went from 2 to 17 in around 1 year. I did seem to struggle with Zoas for some reason though. My trumpet coral grew but not as much but then again they don't take to feeding as well. I think it could work well for you depending on your coral choices but it won't work for SPS if down the road if you wanted to try it out. The ramping features are very nice though. 

The Pro is probably a better overall choice or the AI Prime as mentioned though due to the increased power and being full spectrum. On a budget though, it works. 

Your tank will be fine. I've seen people growing acros and SPS with this light over a 20 long. You do have to grow them further to the top of the tank though. LPS will grow very easily with this light and you don't even need them to be at 100% either.

Good to hear. People love having overpowered lights but for such a shallow tank that light will work very well. The only thing is that you're limited by the spectrum but you do get a fantastic amount of control with that light. I had fantastic success with hammers, torches, and other LPS corals. 

1 minute ago, russ722 said:

Can u post a pic of your tank?

Mine? The 20 long was taken down but the build thread is still in my sig. The 20 long. My current one is in there but I need to add some more pics.

Sounds good. I just added some new pics of the Nuvo 10. But with the 20 long you can really see the growth in the LPS. The SPS int he sump are another story in which I failed miserably...

• 4 months later...