Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nuvo 20 flow

russ722

My sicce 1.0 arrives tomorrow along with my second spin stream. 

I plan on mostly softies and lps,not really into the stick stuff..yet. Anyways would the sicce 1.0 and 2 spin streams be enough flow or would I need a power head in the tank also to have a decent flow?

16 minutes ago, do not smoke the reef(er) said:

+1 for the power head. I would definitely have a power head for added flow. 

Yea i ditched the spin streams , and i am using stock returns a sicce 1.0 and koralia nano.dont have anything in tank but flow seems ok for the time being.

do not smoke the reef(er)

I started off with an eheim 100 and a korilla. Should be fine while you are starting up. 

I upgraded to the mp10 soon after and it is my favorite piece of hardware still. 

What type of tank are are you planning ? 

3 hours ago, do not smoke the reef(er) said:

I started off with an eheim 100 and a korilla. Should be fine while you are starting up. 

I upgraded to the mp10 soon after and it is my favorite piece of hardware still. 

What type of tank are are you planning ? 

Nothing special just some softies and lps.(hammer/torch/ toodstool.basic stuff.

6 hours ago, russ722 said:

Nothing special just some softies and lps.(hammer/torch/ toodstool.basic stuff.

I would add a power head with wave making capability, its not needed just personal preference. It will help your corals with a varying flow pattern, I like to see the hammers and lps sway back and forth, looks really natural. That is just me though.

40 minutes ago, russ722 said:

Any good budget powerheads  out there?

If you are going for budget i would say Jebao or Hydor, check out amazon. Some really good deals. My LFS uses the Jebaos in their frag tanks and they really get great results. Only downfall is you will usually get what you pay for, I have heard these device's lifespans are quite short. 

For something with more longevity and less of a noticeable footprint in your tank i would get an MP10, but they are definitely not budget devices. Check out the hardware classifieds here and sometimes you can find one for a good deal.

Anytime! Post some pics once you get everything up and running. Want to see everything put together :D

Archived