SaltCritters.com

Rimless Biocube

B_Dawk5

So who here has tips or insight on removing the plastic rim and silicon on the Biocube? Mine is a 32 coralife and just purchased an AI Prime HD. Any help or input is appreciated 

I just recently did this modification, I found that using fishing line works the best, I got a small roll of 30 pound test line so that it wouldn't just break while removing the plastic and silicone. It sliced right through the silicone with ease, afterwards is the fun part of using a razor to remove all silicone evidence. The project took maybe an hour and a half. 

4 minutes ago, FLOPEZ83 said:

I just recently did this modification, I found that using fishing line works the best, I got a small roll of 30 pound test line so that it wouldn't just break while removing the plastic and silicone. It sliced right through the silicone with ease, afterwards is the fun part of using a razor to remove all silicone evidence. The project took maybe an hour and a half. 

My main concern is scratching the glass around the rim being there's no water that will be behind it that far up.. the fishing line is what I'm gunna try as well as the heat gun idea

Archived