Coral Vue Hydros

Cyano?

DUSKY

Been dealing with this stuff for about two weeks now. Tends to go way at night the pop right back up when the light comes on. I think it's cyano but I've never seen it brown before. Picking up some chemiclean this weekend. 

20170222_083122.jpg

Could also be dinos. I have what I think are dinos. Had them pretty much since I set up this new system. Thought it was cyano for a long time and I even tried Chemiclean to no effect. Mine show the same signs as yours and are very hard to notice at night and will come on strong during my mid-day light cycle. I think the white spectrum of the light shows more of their brown.

Mine have never really ventured from the sand and stay minimal if I keep up on my water quality. Approaching a year with them around so I think cyano is long ruled out. 

Best of luck but I would also investigate them as dinos, as well.

Looks more like Cyano. If it's more red/purple ish and slimy film, it's cyano. If it's dusty, brownish, it's Dino. Check water params, phosphate in particular. 

Yeah, it worked for me. Watch out for phosphate levels as well. I am able to maintain cyano free sand bed since i started using gfo.

Chemiclean is good for getting rid of existing cyano outbreak,in the long run you have to figure out the causing factor and prevent it.

Archived