inTank Media Baskets

Stand for Nuvo Fusion 10g

Zchauvin

I bought a white 4 cubed shelf from Ikea for my 5g Fluval Spec. It was $35 plus bought a couple drawers for the shelf for another $25. I plan to buy some legs for it at the hardware store to raise it off the carpet.

Don't have Ikea around me, so was $75 shipped to my door.

Probably won't fit your 10g (my 5g is right at the weight limit), but there are a lot of other good affordable options at Ikea

I was lucky enough to go to a local custom furniture store and showed them the schematics of the tank, told them the style I was looking for, and how much weight it needed to support and $85.00 and three months later I had a custom stand built.

2 hours ago, dmw913 said:

Man, that is one tidy setup!  Well done!  Makes my electrical octopus of death seem like it needs attention...

Haha . . . my tangle of wires is hidden behind the panel that holds the two controllers.

I ended up getting a small modular vanity from lowes retail $199 for $50! It looks pretty good but still I'm somewhat worried about if it can hold the weight. Doesn't really look like a stand to hold a tank in living room though.. I've always made my own stuff but now living in apartment I don't have access to any tools or the room to use them. Looking around to see if I can find a 40g Nuvo or 14g biocube stand.

• 4 months later...
On 2/21/2017 at 2:13 PM, aybates said:

Made my stand from an Ikea Kitchen Wall Cabinet:

IMG_0658.thumb.jpg.6bbf8088999d12b9ab8a288f9d92a4d1.jpg

This is awesome, you you have a link to the parts you used??

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Stoops718
On 2/21/2017 at 2:13 PM, aybates said:

Made my stand from an Ikea Kitchen Wall Cabinet:

IMG_0658.thumb.jpg.6bbf8088999d12b9ab8a288f9d92a4d1.jpg

Love your setup. Do you have a tank build thread?

Stoops I also used the Ikea stand like the guy above. But it was way flimsy just as it came. I chose to put a screw in each corner to make it more "tight" and then I took 3 2"x4"  boards and screwed them into the back for added sturdiness. Then I put it in a corner so that it couldn't tip from side to side. That thing just standing alone is an accident waiting to happen. I would almost recommend fastening it to the wall for even extra support. In retrospect I'm likely going to be changing it up. My plan is to buy the metal one that I.M makes. But i've spent enough coins this year and it's $250. Plus I want to make sure that my ATO container will fit in it. I'm going to email I.M for some dimensions. I have a perfect piece of furniture that would work awesome but it's used for my Chameleon's cage. 

EDIT: The wall in the back has a cover to answer your question. 

Stoops718
19 minutes ago, ReefGoat said:

Stoops I also used the Ikea stand like the guy above. But it was way flimsy just as it came. I chose to put a screw in each corner to make it more "tight" and then I took 3 2"x4"  boards and screwed them into the back for added sturdiness. Then I put it in a corner so that it couldn't tip from side to side. That thing just standing alone is an accident waiting to happen. I would almost recommend fastening it to the wall for even extra support. In retrospect I'm likely going to be changing it up. My plan is to buy the metal one that I.M makes. But i've spent enough coins this year and it's $250. Plus I want to make sure that my ATO container will fit in it. I'm going to email I.M for some dimensions. I have a perfect piece of furniture that would work awesome but it's used for my Chameleon's cage. 

Yea. I'm figuring that out now the hard way. I jumped the gun when I started my cycle. I didn't plan out my wiring. When the cycle is done I'm going to reinforce the stand when I do the 50% water change, most likely with some L brackets. I was thinking to add locking casters to the stand as well. I couldn't justify spending more than double then what the tank costs on a stand. Especially if I ever plan on upgrading tanks.

I've always wanted a chameleon. Is it a veiled? Do you have that build up on any forums? I would love to see it.

pascal is a veiled and yeah ill do an off topic post in my aquarium journal so you can check him out. But yeah you're right the APS is mucho dinero

I usually check craigslist, local fish forums, and used furniture places or restore/reuse places. Plenty of people use those cheap IKEA particleboard stands without issue and I used a particle board stand for awhile. However any water/condensation will damage its integrity. You can be careful or cover the top but I still just avoid it. I like real wood things. 

I agree Tamberav...I really want to get rid of the stand that I have right now I have mixed feelings about it. I want to like it because it looks really nice, but it just seems like over time it won't last. But I think it'll be fine until at least Christmas. Maybe i'll have Julia get me the I.M stand for a present. LOL 

• Like 1