My phosphates are between 0ppm to 0.25ppm kinda hard to read
My nitrates are 0

Now here comes the shit I hate because it's a chasing game
My KH is 10dkh or 179 ppm kh 
And my cal. Is between 480 to 500 

So what do I need to fix and how to fix it 

This is a 29gallon biocube

chipmunkofdoom2

Alkalinity (carbonate) of 10dKh is just fine, as is your calcium. Magnesium would be another good one to test, because without proper magnesium levels, it's going to be difficult to maintain stable carbonate and calcium levels.

Regarding the "chasing numbers" comment, in most cases it's much more important to chase stability instead of a specific result. In a heavily stocked SPS tank, this might mean dosing carbonate and calcium with dosing pumps. In a tank that has only softies and a few slow-growing LPS, this could mean weekly water changes. At the end of the day, our goal is to provide a healthy environment for our animals. If you have SPS or other sensitive marine inverts, this means you have to work harder to maintain a level of stability that is acceptable to these animals (probably what you're thinking of when you think "chasing numbers"). If you have a low-demand tank, acceptable stability could mean water changes every three months. It really depends on your animals and what they need to be healthy.

Although, it's worth noting that you should still have all the proper testing equipment on hand, as well as dosing supplies to correct common water chemistry issues, even if you're not "chasing" a specific number. Whatever "stability" means for your tank, you should be in tune with your tank's chemistry and be able to alter it if necessary.

I do weekly 5 gallon water changes tank has been running since 2013 and everything is growing well zoas and lps only have 2 sps change out filter floss 2 times a week and vacume the sand I can get to every water change bio load is 5 fish cuc and a harlequin shrimp

Archived