Cultivated Reef

Scape rate for lagoon 25

Adrock15659

Wanted to get everyone's opinion on my 25 Lagoon scape. I have 20 lbs. of RealReef brand rock in there. My first scape. I am liking it just would like to hear from the forum.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Christopher Marks

I really like it @Adrock15659! Nice and open in the back, great water flow, plenty of sand bed area left. I presume the arch is glued together now? If not, you should, because it's perfect :) 

What kind of coral are planning to keep?

Glued it together tonight with two little fishes aqua stik epoxy and IC glue. Loving the way it looks. Maintained the same over all look but it was very difficult to get it the same as in the picture. End result was very similar will post photos soon. It should be getting wet this weekend.

Snapped a quick shot before nite nite...... A little different from original but overall I thinks it's still there. Will have it in the main display with sand soon. 

image.jpeg

8 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

I really like it @Adrock15659! Nice and open in the back, great water flow, plenty of sand bed area left. I presume the arch is glued together now? If not, you should, because it's perfect :) 

What kind of coral are planning to keep?

Coral selection Christopher Marks I haven't quite got there yet.... i have been out of the hobby so long that led bulbs were not even out yet, I never got into the corals 10 years ago I had a FOWLR, but this time I definitely want to dive in just taking it one step at a time. If this forum has taught me anything it's slow and steady wins the race. 

Christopher Marks

The final arch turned out great! You definitely have the right mindset for the hobby. Lots of possibilities ahead, you're probably researching all sorts of lighting options now, making plans for the types of coral you hope to keep might help guide you towards the right fixture for your tank.

Arches are awesome, and that rock looks great! My only suggestion is to keep pushing for some asymmetry, which in this case would mean the topmost peak not being in the middle of the tank.

12 hours ago, lakshwadeep said:

Arches are awesome, and that rock looks great! My only suggestion is to keep pushing for some asymmetry, which in this case would mean the topmost peak not being in the middle of the tank.

Gotcha, got a few rocks that haven't bent been glued onto the scape so I will take that suggestion into consideration.

• 2 months later...

Archived