Innovative Marine Aquariums

Firefish acting a just a bit off

tofer

Tonight when i was doing water testing the firefish was acting normal hanging out in its normal spot . After Testing I got ready to feed Im trying to get it to eat pellet food so i put 1 or 2 pellets in with some tank water and a little bit of mysis . Well he ate the a pellet and shot back into cave then came out really did not go after any of the mysis then hung out at the bottom of tank then would swim up to the top of tank then go back in cave come and do it all over again . Seems to be breathing fine not rubbing up against anything no visible injuries . Could this just be its reaction to eating something new ?

Tank Parameters ammonia ,nitrates, pos all 0 ,cal 400,salinity 1.025 water temp 78.6

How long have you had the firefish.  I have 2 and they are pretty temperamental .  Just when I think it is becoming friendly it becomes shy and reclusive.  I just think they are very sensitive but as long as he is acting fine it should be fine.  

Purplexenia26

i have 1 filefish and he goes through stages where he is out all the time and social and the next day he is hiding the whole day or may not even come out for a couple days. i just think thats just how they are. 

Archived