Coral Vue Hydros

Michigan Coral Expo & Swap - this weekend

mitten_reef

To all Michigan nano-reefers out there,

I'd like to hear some feedback on the MCES, which will be taking place this weekend in Lansing, MI. The roster includes Pacific East Aquaculture and Cherry Corals, which is enough for me to wanna check it out. But I just want to hear some feedback from people (including those coming from neighboring areas such as OH and IN), who had been because the vendor list seems very similar to the previous year.

Thanks,

natalia_la_loca

I think it's fantastic. I've always gotten great deals and seen/purchased many beautiful corals. They also offer a wide variety of really nice stuff in the raffles, with relatively good odds of winning things. I won a complete RODI system one year.

Bit of advice: Either arrive really early (i.e. before the event) or really late as things start to wind down. The crowds can be huge.

I think it's fantastic. I've always gotten great deals and seen/purchased many beautiful corals. They also offer a wide variety of really nice stuff in the raffles, with relatively good odds of winning things. I won a complete RODI system one year.

Bit of advice: Either arrive really early (i.e. before the event) or really late as things start to wind down. The crowds can be huge.

Awesome! I just realized your location is "the mitten" :-)

I went once years ago and scored some good deals. There's also a nice store in Lansing but for the life of me I can't think of it.

Is it Preuss Pets that you're thinking of?

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far.

C'mon, I've seen more Michigan ppl around N-R.

Is it Preuss Pets that you're thinking of?

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far.

C'mon, I've seen more Michigan ppl around N-R.

Yep that would be it. If I was right in the middle of cycling and didn't have to work I think I'd make the trip.

So I made it to the event, it was way more interesting than I expected. There were pretty much everything for everyone. I even met Dr. Mac of PEA - got a bunch of frags from them, four ricordea floridas, a handful of acros, and trying my hands at sponge....ill post pics of the frags on my tank thread later. 

Archived