Top Shelf Aquatics

Skimmer Microbubble - Nuvo Fusion 20

sjet

Hi, I have a 20 gallon Nuvo running a Seaside Aquatics Nano skimmer. The tank has only been running for 3 weeks. I can't seem to get the microbubbles to stop. I've tried everything, sticking filter floss on the water outlet side and making sure the center chamber water level is lower then the skimmer chamber. I just don't get how the microbubbles can make it pass it. To be fair it's not a lot of microbubbles, my water is crystal clear but it just looks like little dust flakes flying around in my tank. I know it's the skimmer because when i shut it off, the particles go away.

Anyone have any other tricks I can try? Thanks.

Honestly, you may not have enough dissolved organics in the water yet to make the skimmer do anything but spin its wheels so to speak. Sort of the concept of the skimmer break-in period. If there's nothing in the water to coat the skimmer in slime, it doesn't matter if it's running - still not breaking in.

My suggestion: Turn off skimmer. Do tests every other day and when your nitrates start to rise, then turn it back on and give it a few days to see if you can get it broken in and handled. If that does not work or if you already have good reason to believe your dissolved organics are already present, I'll be happy to help continue to brainstorm. :)

Best,

Denise

Archived