ReefCleaners.org

Nuvo 10 issue

russ722

Recently ordered a nuvo fusion 10 from marine depot..anyways set tank up monday, and today i put a light over it and noticed light coming thru gaps in the silicon on the front. Kinda like a door cracked with light in a another room if that makes sense.:(

i contacted IM and there dept Assured the guy i was exchanging emails with said it wasnt structual. The light shineing thru very noticable and a eye sore.

has anyone else experinced this?

I was told to contact marine depot about seeing what they can do while IM authorizes the paper work.waiting to here were to go with this.i have a fear of the silcon coming aparts and a leak formimg

That sure doesn't seem right to me. I thought it was supposed to be black silicone which means that light may very well be structural or they are painting clear silicone. Keep an eye on it

Yea all the other corners are fine its just this one.im keeping a eye on it . Will probally drain it,i dont need almost 10g on the floor.

Recently ordered a nuvo fusion 10 from marine depot..anyways set tank up monday, and today i put a light over it and noticed light coming thru gaps in the silicon on the front. Kinda like a door cracked with light in a another room if that makes sense. :(

i contacted IM and there dept Assured the guy i was exchanging emails with said it wasnt structual. The light shineing thru very noticable and a eye sore.

has anyone else experinced this?

I was told to contact marine depot about seeing what they can do while IM authorizes the paper work.waiting to here were to go with this.i have a fear of the silcon coming aparts and a leak formimg

Thank you for shopping @ Marine Depot!

I believe we're already in communication about your new tank.

We'll take care of you!

We appreciate your business,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

I like how the vendor stepped up. Kinda lame that IM didn't remidy on their end.

Still curious what caused this. Black silicone should be black. Is IM painting clear silicone?

I believe they both agreed on the return,idk the exact specifics, but both were very responsive in emails.no complaints here for either.

Not sure on the silicone, this is my first IM tank.

Kinda bummed i have to stop a cyclying tank, but better safe then sorry.

On a side note what's the best way to remove sand/rock and transfer to another tank without disrupting the cycle?

I believe they both agreed on the return,idk the exact specifics, but both were very responsive in emails.no complaints here for either.

On a side note what's the best way to remove sand/rock and transfer to another tank without disrupting the cycle?

Move the rock into a bucket with the water and a pump to keep it moving. The cycle can continue while you get the new tank going.

your not stopping the cycle just transferring it. Keep the old tank running till you get the replacement. When it arrives and your ready just transfer the rock and livestock to a bucket with a power head. Don't let anything go dry. As for sand since it's a newish tank you can siphon the detritus and add it like your building a new tank. You can use the water or make new it really makes no difference.

Marine depots customer service is awesome! I'm glad both parties agreed to the replacement. Just seems odd that IM didn't just send you a replacement.

Archived