Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

aqua medic ab MH

bowfront26

I am very close to buying the aqua medic 250W metal halide for my 26 gallon bowfront. I have no had any experience with MH. I have read that these lights are excellent. Anyone disagree? I would appreciate any opinions from people on these lights. My tank is 20" deep and feel the light would work perfectly.

Is 250W on my tank too much. Right now I have 130W pc and a 65W pc sitting on top. Looks nice but I think I could be better. I have mostly softies and an open brain. I also have a fantastic 12" healthy RBTA sitting on top. If I install the 250W MH, will my soft corals make it(obviously I would slowly acclimate them to the light).

I feel that buying this light would be a good investment for a future tank. I would like to maybe get a 50g. bowfront in the future, would this light be acceptable for that as well.

Yes, that light will do fine for that tank, those corals that you have do not require that lighting but will thank you for it. Just make sure that you do acclimate them to that light slowly so as not to bleach them.

For me personally after i fired up my first MH over one of my tanks i have been never been more happy, and have since done nothing but MH's on my tanks with pc actinic's. It's like an addictive drug for me.

Aqua Medic pendants are hard to beat. They are well made and look very nice also. Like hickncali mentioned when you first set the light up if you do go with it run the bulb a shorter time at first and work it up to a longer normal photoperiod over the course of a couple weeks so that the corals will not be stressed by the large increase in light over what they have become used to.

Archived