inTank Media Baskets

Getting back - Which AIO do I want?

bdare

Hey guys,

A few years ago I sold off everything in my 120. Recently I helped setup a buddy's new tank and I've got the itch. I don't think I want to go big again. Just looking for something small and easy to maintain.

I'm not against a tank w/o a lid, but I'm concerned about all the extra light escaping into the room with the rimless tanks.

What's kind of the goto AIO tank these days? I'm pretty sure I'll have to have an anemone in the tank. Are there any out there with sufficient lighting out of the box that can support a nem? With an enclosed biocube or the like are there heat issues if adding an LED retrofit? I'm assuming the LED's that come with the LED biocubes are poop. Are they?

Thanks,

Ben

RIP Sebastian

Hey guys,

A few years ago I sold off everything in my 120. Recently I helped setup a buddy's new tank and I've got the itch. I don't think I want to go big again. Just looking for something small and easy to maintain.

I'm not against a tank w/o a lid, but I'm concerned about all the extra light escaping into the room with the rimless tanks.

What's kind of the goto AIO tank these days? I'm pretty sure I'll have to have an anemone in the tank. Are there any out there with sufficient lighting out of the box that can support a nem? With an enclosed biocube or the like are there heat issues if adding an LED retrofit? I'm assuming the LED's that come with the LED biocubes are poop. Are they?

Thanks,

Ben

If you want a plug-and-play type thing, go Red Sea Max Nano. If you want a sump and your own skimmer, go Red Sea Reefer Deluxe 170 or Nano.

If you want a plug-and-play type thing, go Red Sea Max Nano. If you want a sump and your own skimmer, go Red Sea Reefer Deluxe 170 or Nano.

So Red Sea is better than the Nuvo or Bio Cube?

I like the Red Sea Stuff, I just find their tanks a little too tall for my liking. I went with the Fusion Lagoon 25 and i'm really liking it. The only thing I would say is wait for the new Cobalt C-view AIO, those look really promising.

Yes in my opinion. So much nicer looking! No curved corners and rimless allow the use of any led fixture on the market. NanoBox, AI, Radion, etc.

RIP Sebastian

Yeah. I wish I had gone Red Sea. I just love long tanks, though.

Archived