Top Shelf Aquatics

Biocube 29 Evaporation Question

Okinawa_Reefer

Okinawa_Reefer

So here I am, trying to get my water levels consistent in the back of the biocube with consistent salinity....between chambers two and three, there is a small square cutout near the top that I have been trying to keep the water level filled up to. Filling up to this point makes the water level pretty dead even with the top of the "water level viewing window" on the left side of the aquarium. The past few days, the water level has decreased which I anticipated to be normal evaporation but when I check the salinity levels, I'm still sitting at 1.026. Maybe my wife is taking water out of the tank just to f*#@$ with me?!

Okinawa_Reefer

Well I feel like an idiot....I had forgot that the night before posting this question that I had taken some water out of the the tank to dip some new corals lol. I guess these 12-14 hour shifts are getting to me.

Well I feel like an idiot....I had forgot that the night before posting this question that I had taken some water out of the the tank to dip some new corals lol. I guess these 12-14 hour shifts are getting to me.

happens to the best of us, usually a good idea if you are dipping corals to make a gallon or two to have around to replace the water taken

Okinawa_Reefer

happens to the best of us, usually a good idea if you are dipping corals to make a gallon or two to have around to replace the water taken

Of course. But I was waiting on some new di resin to come in which is why I didn't have any saltwater on hand. Just totally dropped the ball. But we're all good now. I'm glad I was able to look dumb for everyone's entertainment lol

Archived