Pod Your Reef

Looking for opinions...

printerdown01

printerdown01

Here is my dilemma... I picked up a gorgonia frag for $1, yup you read that correctly (it is not that large). Now, its top is primarily dead (about 1/3 of the 1.5" frag), the core is still intact 100%. Here is what I'm curious to see what you guys think: Should I clip the top, so that the frag looks cool now, or should I just wait until the tissue grows back? -it will regrow a little faster if I leave the core, but will look like it is half dead in the mean time... -Thanks, I'm looking forward to reading what you guys think!! I'll probably just follow the consensus of the board...

*oh by the way, got back from the LFS I picked up a porcelain crab, a small organ pipe coral (very cool extra long tubes), and the gorgonia frag for a whopping total bill of just under $15!!! I think this is the best deal I have ever received from ANY fish store. I love scrounging around in the bottom of tanks B) .

If the "Gorgonin" brown inner spine is showing, clip it at the point just below the point of recession from the tips. This will stop the recession. ALSO this will facilitate rapid healing ( Provided it isnt RTN) and should recover.

printerdown01

Actually it is quite healthy, looks like it suffered a little in shipping:(

. There is always the risk of future infection, but for a buck I couldn't pass it up ;).

*Thanks: so far 1 vote for clipping, 0 votes for leaving it.

Archived