inTank Media Baskets

BRS security...

basser1

Hey gang. I've been noticing something screwy lately about BRS and thought I'd check to see if anyone else has been experiencing anything similarly. First of all, it's not about the company or any of it's products.

I'm a regular customer and have an account set up with BRS. Tonight I get an e-mail from them telling me that there is items in "My Cart". So I go to their web-site and I see 20 pieces of Tonga branch rock for around $90 total. Now I can tell you I have not been looking at Tonga or any other type of live rock. This also isn't the first time I've got e-mails stating there is stuff in "My Cart". But before I just ignored them. I am concerned because I know BRS did have a security breach some time ago. And they notified customers to set new passwords, which I have done. So, is it just me or has anyone else noticed the same thing?

Sailfish, on 29 Jan 2017 - 9:49 PM, said:

Bankrupt by tonga! :o

Hackers really need to get themselves some girlfriends... :lol:

Yeah and the girlfriends end up on Dr Phils' show......

I have not had this issue, but would imagine your email/PW is close to someone else that is ordering? Either way, change that up and contact them would be my course of action.

BulkReefSupply

Hey gang. I've been noticing something screwy lately about BRS and thought I'd check to see if anyone else has been experiencing anything similarly. First of all, it's not about the company or any of it's products.

I'm a regular customer and have an account set up with BRS. Tonight I get an e-mail from them telling me that there is items in "My Cart". So I go to their web-site and I see 20 pieces of Tonga branch rock for around $90 total. Now I can tell you I have not been looking at Tonga or any other type of live rock. This also isn't the first time I've got e-mails stating there is stuff in "My Cart". But before I just ignored them. I am concerned because I know BRS did have a security breach some time ago. And they notified customers to set new passwords, which I have done. So, is it just me or has anyone else noticed the same thing?

Hi Basser,

I can certainly see why this would be alarming, but I want to assure you the items resulting in your cart are not from anyone having access to your cart or your account. Our tech/development team is currently resolving the issue which affects a small number of users. I'm sorry that this happened to you :(

Feel free to give our team a call should you have any questions! 763-432-9691.

Thanks!

Valerie

Hey, May be or may not be an issue, but I posted in Site feedback about MalwareBytes blocking BRS

The Ad "Banner" across the top of the forums. Here is a link to that thread.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/379712-malwarebytes-blocking/

Since reading that BRS' site was "Hacked" awhile ago, I wonder if the Malwarebytes software is catching the "Malicious Website"

What happens on my side here on the forums, is that the BRS Ad is a Broken Image, yet I can still click on the broken banner

and go to what appears to be BRS' Website.

Just wanted to pass on what was happening with me.

BulkReefSupply, on 30 Jan 2017 - 4:59 PM, said:

Hi Basser,

I can certainly see why this would be alarming, but I want to assure you the items resulting in your cart are not from anyone having access to your cart or your account. Our tech/development team is currently resolving the issue which affects a small number of users. I'm sorry that this happened to you :(

Feel free to give our team a call should you have any questions! 763-432-9691.

Thanks!

Valerie

Thanks Valerie, As I have stated though this isn't the first time I get these e-mails.

Hope your techs can get it figured out.

Do explain please.

I donno I've never actually. Brought from BRS they don't ship to where I live...

So I thought they might be trying to get some stuff sold

burtbollinger

I donno I've never actually. Brought from BRS they don't ship to where I live...

So I thought they might be trying to get some stuff sold

hey friend...anyone told you that you've been posting goofy and questionable stuff lately?

I'm on these boards an unhealthy amount...I am sure you are a very nice person, but please, If you are trying to artificially boost your post count, or just find these boards as fun as I do and want to contribute, there are better ways to do so that don't involve false and/or uninformed information.

hey friend...anyone told you that you've been posting goofy and questionable stuff lately?

I'm on these boards an unhealthy amount...I am sure you are a very nice person, but please, If you are trying to artificially boost your post count, or just find these boards as fun as I do and want to contribute, there are better ways to do so that don't involve false and/or uninformed information.

Ok

You told me off twice now...

This wasn't a very serious post unlike you

im sure you a very sensible, retired man. I am not

how do even find fun ("fun as I do and want to contribute,") by telling people off on a public forum.

So my dear, Sir I am very truely, deeply sorry if I have offended you

I just wanted to get my opinion on you out there saying that you are a wrinkled, old arsehole

This will probbly be my last post. bye!

Fu*K you burtbollinger

BattleAthletics

Ok

how do even find fun ("fun as I do and want to contribute,") by telling people off on a public forum.

I just wanted to get my opinion on you out there saying that you are a wrinkled, old arsehole

Fu*K you burtbollinger

>says sorry

>but then says **** you

Lol

Ok

Fu*K you burtbollinger

Bye! Shame I can't say I'm sad to see you go ?

burtbollinger

Ok

Fu*K you burtbollinger

Not offended, not attacking you, not telling you off...just perhaps consider a baseline standard for the sort of information you put out in a public informational forum where facts matter. No need to be so upset you leave a forum over it. Block me and move on if need be.

BulkReefSupply

ToMjGpjpXMFPshSYGLm.gif

Thanks Valerie, As I have stated though this isn't the first time I get these e-mails.

Hope your techs can get it figured out.

Sorry!! It's not security related, but I know it's annoying. Our tech team is working all hours to fix it - promise!..

and no it's not a marketing ploy, but that sure is a creative idea lol :lol:

BulkReefSupply, on 02 Feb 2017 - 6:05 PM, said:

ToMjGpjpXMFPshSYGLm.gif

Sorry!! It's not security related, but I know it's annoying. Our tech team is working all hours to fix it - promise!..

and no it's not a marketing ploy, but that sure is a creative idea lol :lol:

Just basically looking out for you guys...... ;)

Archived