SaltCritters.com

NanoBox Gooseneck Mount : How To Use Correctly

DaveFason

After numerous customers asking how to use the new style gooseneck mount I decided a guide was needed. The confusion is coming from the two small holes on the adjustable spacer. They are there for machining purposes.

Step 1 :

The gooseneck mount has four parts.

• Gooseneck Mount
  • Gooseneck Tank Spacer
  • 2X Screws

32380043461_ebc6d3cf8d_c.jpg

Step 2 :

Screw the two screws into back of gooseneck mount. This is already done for orders. If you need a special size screw for a custom bracket, the screws are a 10-24 thread.

32501526625_0cc2ef178a_c.jpg

Step 3 :

Flip the gooseneck tank spacer so the flat side is facing the screws. This should be done once you receive your order but can come off during shipping. The tank spacer is adjustable up to 7/8" or you can run it without for ~1".

32461056376_2b927b204b_c.jpg

Step 4 :

Ignore these two holes. They do not do anything!

31658324024_5b84e10a50_c.jpg

Step 5 :

Slide spacer into gooseneck mount that fits your tank.

32380043291_c360bc3ddf_c.jpg

Step 6 :

Your mount and spacer should look like this.

32501525515_d56c8809fe_c.jpg

Step 7 :

Mount to tank. Tighten down the two screws. Adjust the gooseneck before mounting for easier adjustment.

31690239043_668d2b0a21_c.jpg

I hope this clears up any questions! Please email me if you have any questions.

david@nanoboxreef.com

-Dave

Thanks Dave, I think my only confusion was the spacer was the other way around when I received it so I never thought to flip it over. :)

God this already helped!

Nice tutorial Dave. I was just on your site to buy a 15" ( if that's what I'd need for my Reefer Nano ) so I can convert my hanging Duo. Hanging worked well for the tank on the kitchen counter but I just got vetoed to hang it in the living room over the Nano. I can't blame her really as there's holes in the ceilings in most of the rooms in my house from decommissioned halides ;)

Dave, I never received a spacer like that for my Duo Plus. Are you able to send one my way? I can PM you my details.

For sure. Shoot me an email. david@nanoboxreef.com

-Dave

Nice tutorial Dave. I was just on your site to buy a 15" ( if that's what I'd need for my Reefer Nano ) so I can convert my hanging Duo. Hanging worked well for the tank on the kitchen counter but I just got vetoed to hang it in the living room over the Nano. I can't blame her really as there's holes in the ceilings in most of the rooms in my house from decommissioned halides ;)

Had to laugh from your comment, reefist :lol:

My gooseneck mount arrived yesterday and the timing couldn't have been better as my live Pukani also arrived from Tampa Bay Saltwater for my Reefer Nano. I got it done but damn I think I need reading glasses or better lighting those are some tiny screws. The worst part was trying to thread the wires and sleeve through the gooseneck without getting hung up on the threads at the base. My wife said it looked like the Hurt Locker in the kitchen. She's pretty funny when she's not putting the kibosh on me putting holes in the ceiling. Anyway it looks great mounted on the tank. I did have to cut a little extra off of the overflow lid to fit around the spacer on the mount. Does anybody put anything between the metal screws and the glass?

My gooseneck mount arrived yesterday and the timing couldn't have been better as my live Pukani also arrived from Tampa Bay Saltwater for my Reefer Nano. I got it done but damn I think I need reading glasses or better lighting those are some tiny screws. The worst part was trying to thread the wires and sleeve through the gooseneck without getting hung up on the threads at the base. My wife said it looked like the Hurt Locker in the kitchen. She's pretty funny when she's not putting the kibosh on me putting holes in the ceiling. Anyway it looks great mounted on the tank. I did have to cut a little extra off of the overflow lid to fit around the spacer on the mount. Does anybody put anything between the metal screws and the glass?

Honestly not needed.

I know you won't do that again but a small wrap of tape around the wire tips and sleeve will make life good.

Tape is how I ended up making it work. I feel like I scored some man points getting that done. I commend you for your service to the reefing community in building your fine lights because a lot of work goes into each one!

Archived