inTank Media Baskets

Fern caulerpa FS

GunslingerGirl

GunslingerGirl

My best guess is Caulerpa paspaloides.

Not sure if anybody wants any. It's been with my tank since the beginning, has never gone sexual and grows like a weed. It is probably the nutrient control that kept my tank going after a crash from the tank sitter. And I am already ripping a bunch out to send to somebody else.

It does great in the sand and is easy to remove as long doesn't become too attached to your rock. Even if it does attach it seems pretty easy to get off all things considered. I keep some at the top of my tank like a toupee.

Gulf Ecosystems sells it for 12 inches at 9 dollars before shipping.

I'd give you at least that much for 12 shipped.

My clown wants you to know it also makes a great bed lol

16142446_10208184481149904_3881114858240

Wish I could but alas...legalities lol

i was able to get a different strain from a local reefer. you just dont see the fern here.

GunslingerGirl

i was able to get a different strain from a local reefer. you just dont see the fern here.

Well I'm glad you got some. I prefer caulerpa over chaeto hands down. Although I do run both.

Cencalfishguy56

Well I'm glad you got some. I prefer caulerpa over chaeto hands down. Although I do run both.

i run both and chaeto is such a bitch to prune lol
Cencalfishguy56

That's what filter socks are for lol

lol either. Way I end up making a mess, at the beginning my chaeto got beat out by my caulerpa but now I have so much nutrients that the one strand left is now a massive clump
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived