ReefCleaners.org

actenic

anarchyman2099

anarchyman2099

ok, quick question and im probably going to get flamed for this but... i want to get an actenic light for the simple fact that they make the tank look awsome. would that screw up my fishes eyes or sleep cycle? and what possible harm could it do? thanks in advanced for any info on the matter.

I run a 50/50 (half actinic half 10K) and Actinic 03 on my pico reef. No problems. I'm not aware of any negative affects on the tank. Many people use actinic light to simulate dusk/dawn effect. It's only a specific blue spectrum of light.

anarchyman2099

thats cool man. but i only have the crappy one socket deal that came with the tank. would it f my tank inhabitants up if i did all actenic?

holyherbiness

no, actinics do not do nething to fish.

but wouldn't you want some whiter light in a tank? All actinic makes it look like a club, and i find it dreary

yeah don't go only 03. your shrooms need regular light. but yeah i agree i love the look of 03 only. i run 03 as a moon light. it looks pimp. and the fish still know it's bed time when the 03 comes on.

anarchyman2099

hahaha. well thanks for all the opinions people! i think ima have to save up for an awsome 50/50 now. ill update when i get it and have pics to boot.

Archived