Innovative Marine Aquariums

Reactor input needed for Biocube 29

uwharrie

Am looking to addthe AquaMaxx FR-S media reactor to my Biocube 29 in either chamber one or two. I am having a hell of a time with GHA and thinking a reactor might help

Anyone using this in their Biocube or other AIO?

thoughts?

People might not be running that exact reactor in a biocube. It was a very specific question. I ran an IM desktop mini in my biocube.

I'm using it. Fits in either chamber 1 or 2. I've run both GFO and ROX carbon in mine... currently running GFO. It's well built and attached via a strong magnet mount. Comes with a Sicce pump. The reactor comes with 2 sponges, one for the top and one for the bottom. As GFO is very fine, I doubled up on the stock sponge on the bottom and got an aftermarket sponge from Eshopps and cut out a properly shaped piece for the top. This allows me to run the pump at full blast and I get the perfect gentle surface rippling at the top of the GFO in the reactor. I'm doing a media change in the next day or two when I do a water change and will post pictures.

Yea sorry about that I should have added any reactor. How did you set up the desktop reactor?

I am open to other types just not sure where to start and what will work

People might not be running that exact reactor in a biocube. It was a very specific question. I ran an IM desktop mini in my biocube.

Yea sorry about that I should have added any reactor. How did you set up the desktop reactor?I am open to other types just not sure where to start and what will work

The IM reactors (mini at least) take up very little room. I attached it to the baffle between chamber 2 and 3. I still use the same reactor in my 66. I think they work great.

Thanks! I guess with the name "desktop" I was thinking it had to run outside of the rear chamber. will look into it as well

The IM reactors (mini at least) take up very little room. I attached it to the baffle between chamber 2 and 3. I still use the same reactor in my 66. I think they work great.

I will say... I do believe that changing out the media seems to be definitely easier with the IM reactors. I believe you pull out the inner column to replace media without having to pull the entire reactor housing out. With the FR-S, I have to unplug and then take out the entire unit from my rear chamber to clean out and replace the media... Something to consider.

Archived