Cultivated Reef

Prepping for Snowmaggedon

Newstead

I live in Marietta, Georgia. Grew up in upstate New York. It's business as usual here. Ecotech battery back up with an mp10 is my fallback. I have battery powered air pumps if it lasts that long.

Not far from Charlotte NC, stocked up on the essentials, bourbon and food for the grill.

Hell yeah was 28 last night and was grilling bird on the weber :lol: shorts and all...........

Not far from Charlotte myself. Work today (Belmont Walmart) was fun. It was like black Friday but with groceries.

And so it begins .... mwuhahaha

Yikes! glad he is OK.

Weather will f*ck you up even if you are used to it......husband rolled his truck coming home from work earlier this evening. Thankful he didn't hit anyone and no one hit him while he rolled and spun across traffic.

They are now saying 6-10 inches for us. At least there is no ice. in 2001 we had 28 inches, Iced before snow and the whole county was without power for a week. Snow is fine, Ice not so much. I had planned on going to dog shows this weekend in SC, Glad I decided not to enter, I could have gotten down there but who knows when I could have gotten home. No way I would drive my 31 ft Motorhome in snow! at 28000 lbs if it started to slide it would never stop!

Well the weather folks completely F'd this one up. We ended up with freezing rain and sleet. Lost power for about 12 hrs. thank goodness I had the generator on the motorhome . Hubby ran a drop cord into the house and hooked up the tanks. I think they may have been without power for maybe 2-3 hours early am. all seems well GHA is as bad as ever! :-)

I am seriously thinking about getting one of those super cheap small generators from Harbor Freigh. should be cheaper to run than my big 4K on the rv. Let me say I HATE Ice storms!!

Well the weather folks completely F'd this one up. We ended up with freezing rain and sleet. Lost power for about 12 hrs. thank goodness I had the generator on the motorhome . Hubby ran a drop cord into the house and hooked up the tanks. I think they may have been without power for maybe 2-3 hours early am. all seems well GHA is as bad as ever! :-)

I am seriously thinking about getting one of those super cheap small generators from Harbor Freigh. should be cheaper to run than my big 4K on the rv. Let me say I HATE Ice storms!!

Same here-so much for the 4 to 6 they were still calling for us to fet at midnight! Just had power flickers, thankfully only a few branches down. Glad you had the MH generator! Cold next couple of days for us!

Cold??? No this will be the seventh circle of hell cold! They can't decide 0-4-7 degrees! Hell I am so ready for spring. But at least we have power, heat in the well house and heatlamps for the chickens. I want to move to FLA

Same here-so much for the 4 to 6 they were still calling for us to fet at midnight! Just had power flickers, thankfully only a few branches down. Glad you had the MH generator! Cold next couple of days for us!

I am seriously looking at getting one of the car power boosters ( basically a battery back up) and solar charger. Much cheaper to operate than my 4000 watt generator. Thought about one of those cheap generators from Harbor freight but the really cheap ones are not clean power and can fry electronics. They do have a 2000 watt ( Honda equivalent they claim) for $500

I am seriously looking at getting one of the car power boosters ( basically a battery back up) and solar charger. Much cheaper to operate than my 4000 watt generator. Thought about one of those cheap generators from Harbor freight but the really cheap ones are not clean power and can fry electronics. They do have a 2000 watt ( Honda equivalent they claim) for $500

I was looking at one of these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A6I1WUC/ref=dra_a_ms_mr_hn_xx_P1250_1000?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=8164bdbb14a039c00337ec4229c65d1e_S same power as the Hondas and half the price or at least it was.....I saw it for 525.00 shipped and should have grabbed one but didn't.

Would also work for camping. I don't have a motorhome ;)

Archived