Cultivated Reef

Where to get really thin tonga branch?

ajmckay

Ordered 5lbs of BRS simple multi-branch Tonga rock and specified "thin" but what ultimately came was 1.5"-2" in diameter with even chunkier areas where the branches connect. Not sure if that's just the thinnest they had or if finding thinner isn't really possible (maybe due to fragility?). No luck at LFS.

Does anyone know where I can get like 1/2" diameter tonga branch pieces? Possibly going to scape my Fluval Spec 3 with it so it needs to be on the tiny side.

I'm thinking of a "pile of sticks" type approach. I've yet to find a good example but maybe I can draw something.

Ordered 5lbs of BRS simple multi-branch Tonga rock and specified "thin" but what ultimately came was 1.5"-2" in diameter with even chunkier areas where the branches connect. Not sure if that's just the thinnest they had or if finding thinner isn't really possible (maybe due to fragility?). No luck at LFS.

Does anyone know where I can get like 1/2" diameter tonga branch pieces? Possibly going to scape my Fluval Spec 3 with it so it needs to be on the tiny side.

I'm thinking of a "pile of sticks" type approach. I've yet to find a good example but maybe I can draw something.

I just took a look back in our rock room, and unfortunately everything I saw was 1" plus in diameter. With that said, I'd love to go ahead and organize a return for you to get the rock you're unhappy with back and get you a refund if you'd like. If you want to return it shoot me a PM and I'll make it happen. :)

I just took a look back in our rock room, and unfortunately everything I saw was 1" plus in diameter. With that said, I'd love to go ahead and organize a return for you to get the rock you're unhappy with back and get you a refund if you'd like. If you want to return it shoot me a PM and I'll make it happen. :)

This is why BRS always gets my business!

Very cool of you to check for me!

Also thank you very much for the offer to return! However, given it's only 5lbs probably doesn't make a lot of sense to ship again. I can't use it in the Fluval Spec as initially planned but I'm sure I can come up with something cool to use it for!

Very cool of you to check for me!

Also thank you very much for the offer to return! However, given it's only 5lbs probably doesn't make a lot of sense to ship again. I can't use it in the Fluval Spec as initially planned but I'm sure I can come up with something cool to use it for!

Sounds good, if you change your mind just let me know :)

Archived