Cultivated Reef

Honest opinions on this particular plastic stand? Please Respond.

GoldStripeMaroon

GoldStripeMaroon

I already cringe at the fragility of that subject heading, particularly the "Plastic stand".

I am wanting to start up a simple softie 10 gallon, and need ideas for a stand. I am not the DIY person at all, and I know how crappy pressboard is.

I have seen ads on all-glass for their BLACK MOLDED PLASTIC SNAP TOGETHER STAND, boasting it will support any standart 10 gallon?

So, has anyone bought this, or heard horror stories? Will it work with the combined weight of the LR, equipment, and water?

THANKS for stopping by and adding your two cents, It really helps me out, and the more people, the better sample I can collect, thank you

GoldStripeMaroon

Thank you. I am expecting mostly "no" for this, but that is a good way of putting things. I wonder, unless its solid pine/wood etc, that may be a good way to view all aquarium stands, that means freshwater, etc, be sure you know it can handle the larger increase in weight for saltwater.

holyherbiness

Make sure that the tank is on a very level surface (slanty is a huge no no) and that the tank is supported on all sides. Don't let any of the seams EVER stick out (learned this the hard way two days ago)

Archived