ReefCleaners.org

LED Biocube 32

SelectedByNature

Thanks! Yes I'm super excited about my new biocube! :)

Correct they no longer have the bioballs and have their own basket now.

I was considering upgrading the pump but when I looked into the one I currently have versus the one people say to upgrade to (MJ1200), the difference is only about 30 GPH, doesn't seem like very much. Unless it's a quality thing but Stevie said the coralife one is pretty decent.

That's horrible about the crash. How did the pump stall cause death so fast? But also how do you run two pumps from the back chamber??

SBN

HI- Sorry I didn't address- so what happened is the sump hose somehow (who the hell knows how) came off early in the evening. It was still really hot at our house so we have a loud air condition unit in our room so I didn't hear it. The fish had no air circulation until we woke up around 8 the next day. Since then I added the Koraline (I think the spelling) on the back of the wall to keep water circulating just in case. Honestly the sump I have isn't great- it is stock bc29 and I am going to upgrade. The Koraline one is only 30 dollars and definitely would have saved everyone- Just a tip I wish I would have known!

SelectedByNature

Oh okay kewl. And I understand now.

Ya the mj1200 return pump is also about 30-40$ and might be worth it if you don't trust in your return pump anymore.

Don't give up!!!!!!!

• Like 1

HI!

I have about 28-29lbs of rock in mine. I was told a 1lb per gallon when I first started- Clown79 nailed it. I have redone my scape so many times due to not being able to get to certain areas. Even now I have some spots hard to get to and am contemplating another change. You can always pull rock out later!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...