SaltCritters.com

IM Drop off

BOBBARKER68

Hey looking at getting an AIO tank, space is limited as I will be moving. I was thinking of the drop off tank, I just dont know how i feel about acrylic.

A little help, or thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks

It will scratch really easy. I like how light and strong all my acrylic tanks feel but they just scratch easy. Thinner acrylic without a brace will bow. Some people reported that the IMs bowed a little. I had my 26gal up for 16 months and I never had any issues once I took it down I buffed out the scratchs and it was brand new.

It will bow.............I saw one in a local store and they took it down as they did not like the look. I have a few IM products but that is one I would not get. I am just not a fan of acrylic at all.

Thanks for the help, those are all things that were on my mind. Now i shall look at another IM option.

25 Lagoon??

20 fusion ??

Those drop off tanks look cool, but I am also not a fan of acrylic tanks after having one previously. I purchased a Fusion 20 for the following reasons:

Space - I need something under 30"

Size - I like staying under 20 gallons

Popularity - There are several successful Fusion 20 tanks on NR

$$$ - At only $200 they are a bargain

Those drop off tanks look cool, but I am also not a fan of acrylic tanks after having one previously. I purchased a Fusion 20 for the following reasons:

Space - I need something under 30"

Size - I like staying under 20 gallons

Popularity - There are several successful Fusion 20 tanks on NR

$$$ - At only $200 they are a bargain

Thanks, I can get the 25 lagoon for 200 on sale at a LFS. So same price little more volume. I never thought this would be this hard to decide.......

Thanks, I can get the 25 lagoon for 200 on sale at a LFS. So same price little more volume. I never thought this would be this hard to decide.......

man grab me one to im looking for a new nano since i sold my biocube

Ok I started with the 20 and loved it. Not hard to light and has a decent footprint. Probably my favorite IM tank so far. I also have to 30L and yes lights cost more and not as much space as the 20 front to back as it has a bigger AIO area.

The 25 is one inch shorter than the 20 also but I kind of wish I went that rout over the 30..........so many decisions out there.......

Archived