Top Shelf Aquatics

Pros and Cons about RR overflow or just a hole on the back of the tank.

LakerFan

Okay so i'm planning out a new tank, and i'm geting price quotes for what I want: 20h with a built in overflow. I went to a couple of LFS' and described what I want. They both told me that it would cost a lot more than just drilling two holes in the back of the tank one for the outlet and the other to get the water back in the tank. The price difference is about $50.

I want to know what you all think. I've seen the set up before and it works. is there anything in going with the 2 hole setup as opposed to the standard overflow box in the corner of the tank?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Overflow box will prevent overflows in case of power outage and also automatically restart the siphon when power is restored. Stick with your original idea.

built-in overflows' cons: livestock may try to explore the bottom of the built-in. loss of water volume vs. side bulkheads. greater issues IF a leak develops. more expensive.

but i actually like the built-in's more though. :blush: i personally like the waterfall effect. : i told you guys i'm psychotic. :P

Is anyone currently using the bulkheads on their tank? I've seen in used on refugiums before, has anyone had any problems with it?

Anyone else have an opinion on this? DAVE you seem to be full of it (opinions):) :) :)

Archived