Innovative Marine Aquariums

parts of my green monti cap is dying...

kappa

...and the culprit was a massive number of nudibranches.

One day I started to notice that my green monti cap was turnig white in some areas. I could not figure out why, but days went on, and then a week came along, then 2 weeks. Then finally, yesturday, I wanted to have a close inspection of the green monti. I looked behind the monti cap. Whoa!!!! a hole zoo of nudibrances living behind the cap, I was shocked that I didn't catch this earlier. Strings of eggs were clinging to some of the parts of the monti cap that was already turned white and died. The back part was where most of the dying had occur, and the front part was minimal.

Although the nudis had camoflage ability, I spoted them with a flashlight at night when I saw their spiny back.

I removed as many as I could see, using a turkey baster to blow them off, and suck them up.

I had no Idea that nudis would eat the polyps of monti caps, therfore I was not careful to inspect the caps for them there. Becareful for the nudis behind your monti caps! they do not only eat your zoos, but monti polyps as well!

Have you guys seen them on anything else? such as on a ricordia or perhaps munching on goniopora?

Thanks skeletor, those nudis in the photos is exactly what they look like. I will read th earticle.

Thanks alot for your help.

It's doing okay, but recently I spoted some monti eating nudis on it, and got it dipped in kent marine tech d fast!

Pictures of my destroyed green monti cap is on my website in the last build page.

So far so good.

Haha funny picture super nip. You found a real live kappa!

I should take a picture of the red cap soon, and post it on my website photo gallery.

Archived