Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Fluval Evo 13.5: Anyone remove the honeycomb trim for a rimless look?

AVReefer

I am thinking about getting the Fluval Evo 13.5 as my next tank but I'm a big proponent of rimless. This tank is so close to being perfect for a rimless setup in that size range, except is has this ugly honeycomb trim around the top of the tank. Has anyone tried to remove this trim? I saw the tank in person at an LFS but it looked pretty well attached to the glass. I'd be interested to see if anyone has had luck with this endeavor.

You can scrape it off. I used inTank diamond scraper thing but I am sure a razor will work just fine.

I recommend ditching the built in light and hood completely for true rimless look and get a Nanobox Tide =P.

29406579671_450289ce1a_z.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey I was hoping you'd show up! I saw your tank on Dave's IG and I thought it was the Evo 13.5 but I wasn't 100% sure. Awesome tank! That's def the way I would go. I have a Tide Mini M on my 7g cube right now and I love it.

How do you like that setup so far?

You can scrape it off. I used inTank diamond scraper thing but I am sure a razor will work just fine.

I recommend ditching the built in light and hood completely for true rimless look and get a Nanobox Tide =P.

29406579671_450289ce1a_z.jpg

Archived