ReefCleaners.org

Wouldnt Call it a Reef yet 2.5g

Deleted User 8530

Deleted User 8530

Well I Started with this then Went with a 10g For the Fish than im Down to this Small Size again. Dont worry Because I am Finding a Home For My Damsel (which i love :*( ) well Anywho I put Some Rock And Some hermits In the tank and Played with the Rockwork And it turned out like this.

4b678b9f.jpg

Deleted User 8530

oops! Specs. 1 19w Twisty From home Depot

~3-4 lbs LR Well The one peice is getting there

HOB 100gph With floss

Fishie. (hes going bye bye Soon)

Realy Thin Sand Bed.

3 hermits.

Soo..... What Can I keep in here to Start off with? I Wanted Some Mushrooms and Zoos To Start. Would this be good? Any Recomendations? Anything That You like Please post! thanks!

Deleted User 8530

I like the background :P

Out of the ones yoou Suggested Which Would Grow Fastest, And hardiest? Also Which one Do you like out of em?

BTW: I Was thinking About The GSP too. What About Xenia. Is it Hardy?

ELGORDOINAVW

I think you should place some shroom in there, but I think you have too much rock. I'd leave some room on the floor maybe put a center peice show zoo rock there?

Deleted User 8530

OK. I realy like the Zoos Soo Ill Look into that (Waiting til Friday now! errr, Had to lend my Folks some bling) Well I Also got the Damsel A home and through that I had too Rune my Rockwork :( Now it Doesnt look Like that much (and I dont think its too much) I has a Better Center Doohickey and All looks good.

BTW Do you really think its soo much. Is there a Rule on How Much is too much? I just Dont Wanna be Screwing over my tank :P

Add some actinic lighting. A 13W will do well. It will greatly improve the look of the shrooms and zoo's you put in.

GSP can be a weed and Xenia pretty much is. My 10G Xenia Forest had 95% or more of it grown from a single piece that started in the 2.5G. I setup the 10G to get the Xenia out of the 2.5G.

As Xenia, Zoo's, and GSP (along with most other corals) they start to reproduce quicker. Zoo's and Xenia have shown this the most IME.

Deleted User 8530

Cool Cool. Well Im Sorry I Hvant Posted soon so ill get to the point. I was thinking About 03 (think thats it :P) And I thought i wouLd like the total natural look. I wouldnt Want to Spend the $$ for more heat or For Astetics (Spell Check that) This is Just a test Befor I Set up a Big Tank and then say its Just not For me (SW that is). Soooo.... I got my Cash Delaid AGAIN! errr So Ill have it Who knows When.

• 2 weeks later...
Deleted User 8530

Well I was finaly paid back and i Went Out For Some Easy corals and Bought this peice for $10 after shopping through 3 Stores! ERRR! Well there is Atleast 10 on it so i dont think it was that bad of a deal, and it fits perfect! About 4 have opened completly So Im waiting on the rest. BTW I have an Funky thing on it which i want an ID it Seems to be Apitisia (Spell Check)

Whole tank pic

00000018.jpg

Creepy Thing (ID)

Sorry its blurry i have a Crappy camera.

00000024.jpg

Deleted User 8530

darn! I was hoping it wasnt that At all. Well I have herd that Boiling water is one of the Safest Ways to try So ill try That By tommorow. BTW how Fast do these spread? I forgot what he had them as ( I think they Are buttom polyps?) I Also Fed some of the Bigger ones And the aiptasia (i know I know!) some brine Shrimp Which they devored! It was Way cool to see! Also how often Should i feed em?

possibly. they move around alot and have a pretty nasty sting. they reproduce unbelieveably fast though, and once you are infested it is a pain in the ass to wipe them all out...

first off... sorry to say that is aipstasia

secondly...a carribean flower anemone is different than aipstasia they come in many colors

i have one thats about 1" in diameter thats a deep red. ive seen them mainly in green though.

and lastly...nice coloration in the middle of the polyps

Deleted User 8530

Darn. Well Ive herd to inJect it With Hot Water, Kalk, LemOn Juice, Get a Shrimp (forhot which one :P) And Some other ways. I Just Dont Know Where to get the Injector Like the nedle thing.

Archived