inTank Media Baskets

29 gallons of fun v2.0

SomethingIsFishy

SomethingIsFishy

Well, survivorclown didn't make it. Was looking great when I left for work one morning and was stuck to the side of the powerhead dead when I got home from work... that makes a 0% success rate with fish from that lfs. No idea why... the lfs knows what they are doing, they also do tank setup and maintenance and they have great reviews... I think I'm gonna let the tank run fishless for a while, and then go back to the lfs where I bought my clowns and goby for my first tank...

On the other hand, the reef is doing great, the algae is clearing up, and the corals look great! Even without fish I still enjoy sitting and watching the tank...

IMG_3191.JPG

1 hour ago, SomethingIsFishy said:

Well, survivorclown didn't make it. Was looking great when I left for work one morning and was stuck to the side of the powerhead dead when I got home from work... that makes a 0% success rate with fish from that lfs. No idea why... the lfs knows what they are doing, they also do tank setup and maintenance and they have great reviews... I think I'm gonna let the tank run fishless for a while, and then go back to the lfs where I bought my clowns and goby for my first tank...

On the other hand, the reef is doing great, the algae is clearing up, and the corals look great! Even without fish I still enjoy sitting and watching the tank...

IMG_3191.JPG

There's an LFS in my area that has rave reviews online, the time I went their tanks were some of the nastiest I've ever seen and the fish I got from them was sick.

SomethingIsFishy

This lfs isn't like that. The owner really knows his stuff, and their tanks look great, they even have an amazing three hundred something gallon reef in the store that looks fantastic. I have no idea why I can't keep their fish alive. Even in my first tank I had clowns and a goby from another store that survived a tank seam split, and were doing great, but the cardinals I added from this store didn't last long at all...

2 hours ago, SomethingIsFishy said:

This lfs isn't like that. The owner really knows his stuff, and their tanks look great, they even have an amazing three hundred something gallon reef in the store that looks fantastic. I have no idea why I can't keep their fish alive. Even in my first tank I had clowns and a goby from another store that survived a tank seam split, and were doing great, but the cardinals I added from this store didn't last long at all...

Oh wow.  Wonder if it's related to their supplier, or if the fish are caught with cyanide or something?

• 4 weeks later...
SomethingIsFishy

Time for an update!

Tank is doing great! I've added a few more frags, and a couple fish! Got a pj cardinal and a yellow watchman goby 2 weeks ago and they are both happy and healthy!

Just did a water change and vacuumed the gravel so things are a little stirred up, will have to take some pics for you guys when everything settles down...

• 4 months later...
SomethingIsFishy

Still going! Got a little behind on maintenance over the holidays, but we're back on track now... here's a few coral pics...

IMG_3619.JPG

IMG_3620.JPG

IMG_3621.JPG

IMG_3622.JPG