inTank Media Baskets

Clownfish help

Canadianeh

ClownTriggerDude

I'll comment one last time as I don't want us to change this thread. Don't do research on forums, go to the scientific establishments for research and those numbers are correct as they can come and to rely on. Read some of studies by Sanjay Joshi, Ph.D., one of the most respected hobbyist/professional reefers & Dr. His tanks are nice & low, but he states that higher amounts are not toxic as some believe.

The problem at home, is we don't want any filaments algae's and red/green cyanobacteria's, etc... that higher amounts of nitrates and phosphates in our small closed home type aquaria. The oceans don't have this issue, but are relevant around the globe. If you look at some ocean reefs around the world, these issues are growing as we pollute them. It amazes me that in such vastness of oceans waters, that this is happening, but that tells us just how destructive we are. It doesn't take much, just as with our home aquariums do.

We've found in the last 5 years or so, that pristine tanks are not good for most corals and even clams in out tanks. Study up on that.

A lot,....of hobbyist's have just as good as equipment as large public aquariums, just on a smaller scale. That does not mean that their not as good.

It has been more than 3 weeks now and I don't see any improvement on this fish. It keeps swimming sideways and stays on the surface gasping for air. Sometime he list and upside down. I don't know whether he is eating or not. He does not want to eat the smallest pellets, and I have to crush the pellets to smaller crumbs.

I am surprised that he is still going until now. Changing the water didn't seem to help to. Is there a nice painless way to put him to sleep? I feel sorry for him. Paraguard and prazipro don't help too.

Its probbly too late for that clown... If he eats give him 1-2 days and see what happens otherwise buy some clove oil and put him to sleep make sure not to get the other clown in contact with the water in what ch the other clown was in

Its probbly too late for that clown... If he eats give him 1-2 days and see what happens otherwise buy some clove oil and put him to sleep make sure not to get the other clown in contact with the water in what ch the other clown was in

The water in QT was mixed with paraguard when the other clown was in. The other clown seems to be a "clown" and no worry there. They were in the same QT tank for 5 days.

This is how the sick clown looks like the whole time

IMG_20161220_074515_zps5ip5cvm7.jpg

That pretty sad that clown is really suffering... I think it might die in the next couple of days if not hours. He was probbly sick with some kind of infection mabe disease and not caus its your fault by ammonia poisoning ect... If you can (IMO) buy some clove oil and put him down the humane way or let nature do its thing

That pretty sad that clown is really suffering... I think it might die in the next couple of days if not hours. He was probbly sick with some kind of infection mabe disease and not caus its your fault by ammonia poisoning ect... If you can (IMO) buy some clove oil and put him down the humane way or let nature do its thing

Part of me wants him to keep trying and hope he gets better but he has been in the same condition for few weeks now. I don't see any change.

The other part of me doesn't want him to suffer but I also cannot feel whether he is suffering or not. It is just a guess.

Archived